Big news, as you can see by the top of this blog, I am actually also playing Blindwater Congregation. Yes, I have finally fulfilled my dark fantasy of playing Gators, and have done so with the execuse of using them in the Journeyman League that has been going on here in (gasp!) Puerto Rico. Almost nothing happens here WM unless I push for it, but finally this has.
To summarize this event, it takes place over the course of 6 weeks, where players pick a faction. They then start small, with games involving only the battlebox for each respective faction and each subsequent week, the points level is increased to 15, 25 and so on. This is really meant for newbs and new players to the game where they have no idea what they are doing, or what opposing models do and with many games played with the same models, begin to pick up what works for them and what doesn't. This league rewards playing more so than winning, where a win = 3 pts and a loss is 2 points. It also has a hobby component where players are rewarded for painting their models. They gain points in the same way as playing, except these bestow ranks on the players which equal patches that can placed on bags and such. At the end of the event, awards are given to the person that had the post points from games, the person who has the most models painted and finally the overall champion with most points combined. It is great for new players and I wish I had done it when I first started playing about a year ago (it did not exist at that time).
Veterans can use it to motivate them to paint their models or start a new faction and learn the ropes for that faction. For more veteran and intermediate players, they might not like the fact that it requires the constant use of the battlebox contents, which might disagree with the playstyle of some players.
For more information go to http://privateerpress.com/files/CompleteJourneyman.pdf
Enough explanation on that. So, we are in the 4th week of this league, 25 points, Battlebox still but with warlock/warcaster swamp allowed. Participation has been pretty good, although the first week was the best. The league is hosted at a small shop in Rio Piedras where space is made for tables to play on exclusively on Thursday and Sunday. Of course since I have class during the week, I cannot make it to the shop (not to mention its ~2 hours away). Sundays have then been the day for games for me and my group over here on the west side.
I am going to shut up now and unveil my crocs!!!! Check them out:
There's the whole bunch!
Shaman of Posse
Bull Snapper
Feralgeist!
Wrastler
Bloody Barnabus
Ironback Spitter
Gatorman Posse guy
More to come later!








Nice painting (and as a cygnar player i really hate gators...hehe)!!!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel, when I played that Cygnar player, I almost felt bad for creating the shallow water that was rough terrain AND made me untargetable to his ranged attacks. Any ranged-centric army has it tough against Bloody B. and gators in general.
Delete