Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Great weekend!

Usually weekends are good, but this one was definitely good. I was able to get 3 games in @ 35 points each with my Gators and my journey with them has been, especially with Maelok on the bandwagon. The first can be seen below, with my first battle report! We have named our group "Five Guys" like the restaurant chain, of which I have never gone to. Here is me using Gators against Juan's Legion. It was a great fight so check it out below.

In journeyman league today, it was basically me vs David (another of the Five Guys group) and they were two interesting matches. First was Maelok vs Nareesh. I was able to get the alpha strike and basically decide the game due to using the feat the same turn to minimize retaliation. I was able to get some pictures for this game but unfortunately no video.

Deployment

My turn one

Skorne turn one


He subsequently gets alpha striked with both my gatormen posse under my feat. I wipe out his two savages and his Rhinodon. He pops his feat but can only manage to kill my totem hunter and one gatorman due to high armor and bad rolls. He brings in Nareesh to also put some hurt, all he does is sprinkle some damage on my dark gatorman posse unit. He does have Iron Flesh on himself and is a pain to assassinate due to his armor going up each time he takes damage. Thanks to malediction from Maelok and cold blood my gatormen posse take him down.

The second game I pulled out Barnabus and tried Wrong Eye and Snapjaw with him as well as the Bone swarm. Boneswarm performed alright, I honestly do not know what is exactly his purpose. He got murdered by feated Molik karn (STR 18) and that was that. Wrong Eye and Snapjaw on the other hand, were great and but I played to conservative with them. They did not die and are a good duo to have for 9 points. I lost that game against the same Nareesh list due to problems with armor and Molik karn tore into Barnabus under Nareesh's feat. No tough roll this time again :(.  

Some more photos of today.


Gaby (Five Guys) vs Gaddiel from SJ doing the dance to see who Alpha strikes first. Ultimately, Venethrax dies to Xerzis under Xerzis feat turn. 5 Dice on charge with Fury spell hurts. 


Finally, I received my tournament/gaming travel board from Fool's trays. Have not used it yet, but it makes transporting models from table to table a breeze and I will get much use out of it.


Finally, were are in the Final week of the journeyman and I can feel my Circle calling to me. This week is the release week for my new Warpwolf kit and I will be grabbing 3 of them along all other Domination releases I have not yet grabbed. Oh man, I am so excited!

Thanks for reading, and check up once in a while to see some more Battle reports I will be posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment