Anyways, the second part of this disappointment was the fact that whenever I order models, the amount of time taken for shipping is every spotty and inconsistent irrelevant of what speed of shipping is chosen (choices are priority or parcel). Sometimes, items arrive very quick and sometimes they arrive days or even a week later then expected. Unfortunately, the times that it takes longer have lined up with the orders that include new releases, for example last week with the new warpwolf kits. I ordered 3 as you may know, along with a Ghetorix upgrade kit as well as other items. They were shipped Wednesday with Priority mail. That's 2-3 days usually and according to USPS. Well, lets just say that checking the tracking information everydays seems to slow it down. Or that's what it seemed like. I bought the Celestial Fulcrum from a different place because it was sold out from my usual online store and that was shipped the same day, yet it arrived Saturday. The main order arrived today. I am not a happy customer with USPS, but unfortunately, it is the only option I have to receive stuff when it comes to this store.
Ok venting done. Now to sunnier days! I have all the stuff I wanted, and boy opening up that box was like looking at Christmas in March.
They look so great...
Of course, I had to do something during the weekend while waiting for these models to arrive and when I did not feel like studying or finishing Mass Effect 3. As you may or may not know, I running a painting service, starting local, where I get payed to paint models. So far I have painted a eVayl, Saeryn, touched up an Avatar of Menoth and eFeora. Unfortunately, I only took photos of my eFeora job, so there she is below!
I did her only for $10
As I said above, I received the Celestial Fulcrum first, and while I was planning on building and painting it last, I was forced to change my mind due to lack of the main shipment. Thus, I built it that same day, Primed it in parts on Sunday morning, began painting it that night and more or less finished it on Monday (yesterday). I did not paint it all in one long sitting due to the use of washes on large parts of the model. Actually, the whole model was touched by a wash at one time or another. This made it take longer due to having to wait for the paint to dry, even with the help of great ventilation (a fan). This kept me busy, waiting for the warpwolves to arrive! Here is the finished product!
Its hard to get a good shot due to how large it is.
The amount of runes on this model was insane. I have done them before, and thought Megalith and friends had a lot of runes, but oh boy, was I was wrong.
If anyone is actually interested, comment and I will take close ups on the runes and stuff.
So finally, I have the warpwolf kits and I am super happy with them. So much that I have built them already at the time of this post. I must say that the feral looks SO much better than the original. I will get them primed tomorrow morning and start painting them subsequently. I will post up pictures as I get them finished, as they are my priority at the moment in the painting queue.
Painting queue:
Feral WW
Stalker WW
Ghetorix
Thrullg
Gallows Groves (x4)
Shifting stones (second set)
I wish I could get them done by this week, but I have a feeling that I will have to spread them out over two weeks. I do have to go to class and finish that work, unfortunately!





No comments:
Post a Comment