Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Some more of me

Well, I am double posting for today...should help make up for my absence.

I am a currently a student in University of Puerto Rico, studying electrical engineering and about to graduate, (at least was, now its next semester).

Puerto Rico is not really a friendly place to this hobby called wargaming. I picked up wargaming back in 3rd edition of Warhammer 40k around 1999. This was when I lived in the states and was in 6th-7th grade. I have moved much, and well once I arrived in PR, my interest in the hobby went dormant and well...my interest in girls, sports and social life took over.

Fast forward to college. Some friends start talking about interest in this hobby and I of course say if they gonna jump in, so will I because it was a lot of fun. They get in, I read up and refresh my memory on Warhammer 40k (now in 5th edition). I teach them the basics and we pick armies. I once again go with my favorite, Eldar, buddies pick up Tau and Tyranids. The guy who picks up Tau switches to Chaos space marines shortly and much later to Dark Eldar. We start playing with most basic terrain and such, but little by little start growing by adding some friends here and there. I once again start to paint my guys. It is like riding a bicycle, you don't really ever forget. But now I am more mature and more refined.

(I don't own my eldar army anymore since I recently sold it, but check out these pics of some of them)
Yriel

Autarch on jetbike

Dire avengers

One of my 3 fire prisms

So, we actually went through 40k for about half a year, and then picked up Warhammer Fantasy, which in my opinion was more interesting. They were in 7th edition. A difference between 40k and here was that I interested in many different armies, and such picked up many different ones over the course of my fantasy career. I began with Brettonia though. Then Lizardmen, then Wood elves, then Empire, and finally Beastmen. To pay for my armies, I spread out the cash by selling previous armies to finance new ones etc. Also, by this time we had way more than 3 people wargaming and were reaching the 10 mark.

About last year, we were tired and in a lull with Warhammer fantasy. Bunch of friends go to PAX East during spring and learn about this game called Warmachine. This is where our current madness starts and we reach today. Today we have been playing Warmachine and Hordes for about a year, with many of the same people who played 40k and fantasy now playing only Warmahordes. We have lost a few people, but I believe we have a solid 5 who play here and around. Also we found out that the community in PR is actually bigger than the Fantasy/40k scene (read bigger than just us) with people who play in the San Juan metro Area and even around Ponce (this isn't confirmed). 

So, now that you know a little more about me, here are some more pictures of my beloved Cygnar army focusing only on Lord Commander Stryker and his adventures with Ol' Rowdy (his character warjack).

Here we have eStryker with some Stormblades, Ol'Rowdy, a squire and a Stormclad

No comments:

Post a Comment