I've known this blog has been waiting for me since I last posted more than a year ago. Yet again, things have changed, since last I blogged. I do not live in Cedar Rapids, anymore.
I now live in Rochester, MN and work for another company. I enjoy my job a lot more than the past year with my previous employer. This is good! Unfortunately, the job is during nights. This limits my time to play drastically because most people play warmachine at night.
In addition, I am new to the area of Rochester. I do not know many people at all. They do have a game shop here, but the people play Thursday nights so I cannot make it. I am trying to somehow convince them to change to Tuesdays or even invite them over to play on my days off. My days off are usually Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
I have done some research of nearby metas, but the closest seems to be Minneapolis. I am not 100% they still exist since every event I find is from more than a year ago. Their meta might be dead. Luckily for me, they supposedly meet Mondays in the Source, or Tuesdays in Tower games. This is about an hour and half drive from Rochester. This has been deterring me because, I do not want to waste 3 hours of driving for a "maybe" I can get games in. I haven't played a game since March and I have been really wanting to play, especially with the newly Released Kromac, Champion of the Wurm. I just need to someone in the Minneapolis area to confirm I can get at least a game in if I do the drive.
As for tournament and conventions: Its going to be tough to go to any Saturday tournaments for two reasons. 1. I work every other Saturday so I would need a vacation day to even be able to attend the tournament. 2. Since I work nights, I am on a night schedule and am usually sleeping during the day, even on my days off. Considering tournament run during the day, I would have to either sleep 2 hours before the tournament or tough it out and go without sleep, which would make the tournament a negative experience.
Conventions with iron area would actually work out as I can sleep when I arrive at the convention and then take part in later nights, days and iron arena events. I plan on going to Warmachine Weekend for sure.
What may occur for foreseeable future is that I will be focusing more on the modeling and painting aspect of the hobby. I am in the process of brewing up a different aesthetic style Circle Orboros army than I have currently. I love the studio Circle Orboros aesthetic but I was thinking something more mixed, like tharn like druids or all female druid unit. I would like to also create a theme based army, as I have done for Cygnar and Minions in the past. It will be based around a reposed Circle Warlock. It was going to be one of the ADR Season 2 locks. Most probably Kruger1.
Pictures will come up soon of some recent stuff that I have painted, like my WIP Kromac2.
Signing off for a bit!
santospr



No comments:
Post a Comment