Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Tournament summary. Dsm.

So first game was a lost. On dice down. :(

The list did great otherwise. I almost tabled my opponent and would have if I had one more turn. It was a good game, and it was my fault that I lost for letting those scenario points be scored. But still sucks to lose on dice down.

So I got 37 points army destroyed.  Croak hunters did most of the work and the game plan worked. The game was against trollsbloods. pGrissel, double warders, champions,  mulg, mauler and stone plus ua. 

All he had left at the end was pGrissel, mulg and two members of stone unit without stone. All I lost was like 2 croaks from red unit and 4 from Blue unit. Attritionwise, it went very well. 

The game plan was to shoot and pillar up,  similar game plan to various other armies with clouds and forests.  Except you can destroy the pillars,  sometimes. 

I need to get more practice with timed turns.  It's hard with croak raiders. I remember why I tend to dislike timed turns and prefer deathclock. I need more practice in general though :D. 

Second game I lost as well.  This time it was against Cryx with terminus. I dropped mohsar again.  Too much undead.  The croak raiders were doing great.  I lost cause I killboxed myself. They were tearing apart the Bane thralls and company.  They killed Darragh wraithe and laughed heartily at the bile thralls. My goal was to get terminus on fire, but with all the undead around and sac pawn, it wasn't going to happen easily.  Zombify and vitriol is hilarious.  Many Bane thralls died to corrosion.  The Raiders even did some work in melee thanks to gang bonus. 

Overall,  I like the list.  I have one more round,  possibly two more, but I am unsure what I would change.  It's tough to say because timed turns. If I kept playing under this time format,  I would most likely look at scouts and beast make up.  Megalith is great, but the Gorax and stalker aren't doing a lot from turn to turn. Maybe some more range or passive defense. Something that doesn't take a lot of time.

My third game is against eSorcha. Infantry heavy,  but full of living models.  I kind of wanted to drop mohsar again, but instead dropped kromac2 to see how tanky he is. The game plan is have kromac2 face tank after turn two.  Woldwatcher is there to provide earth's blessing and take the eyriss shot. The scenario is two balls.  I may have deployed incorrectly.  I am off to the left ball.  I will have to work my way to the other one. 

So the plan worked,  except that I tried to go for teleport assassination on esorcha with kromac, who had 2 heart tokens and full fury, but was a hair breadth out once I teleported. So I then had to really face tank his army under her feat and mine.  I lived,  but could not reach her because kromac was surrounded by the models that had attempted to kill him the turn prior.  I tried to instrument a primal shock assassination, but it didn't work out.  I just blendered the models around kromac and tried to kill the bonded spriggan. I ran out of time and died because I was stationary.

It was a fun day anyways. I am excited for  next week. The next tournament is in Iowa city.  Hopefully, it is deathclock.

No comments:

Post a Comment