Ever since I picked up Blindwater Congregation for the Journeyman League, I have had eStryker shelved in my closet. Unfortunately, I have not had any real itching to pick up and play him and since I very impulsive, a situation arose where I could sell him and make some money to pay for my hotel at PAX East. Thus, when one of the Five Guys decided to pick up Cygnar and offered to take them off my hands, I without thought, quickly obliged.
I have no regrets. They were fun to play, especially cool to look at and paint but I felt like sticking to one lists was not the best idea after all. I wish to have an army on the Warmachine side of the game with as much depth as I have with my Circle Orboros army. With my Circle, I own almost every miniature released on the line. All that I am missing is pBaldur, Morvanna, the Shadowhorn Satyr and Sentry stone and Mannikins. That is it. I have options to run many different types of lists without feeling constrained at all. I like it. I want this for my Warmachine army.
I have been looking at Warmachine armies once again, due to my impulses taking control. I of course did not want to pick up Cygnar yet again so I looked at the others. I dislike Khador and their playstyle and model look. Cryx is not bad. I do not like Menoth enough to play the whole army as is my intended goal. While I do not jump at the chance of using Retribution of Scyrah jacks, they have grown army since I first saw them about a year ago.
I like the warcasters, although they are very different that what I am used to in Circle. The two that draw me in the most are Ravyn and Vyros. I like rest too though, least most is Rhan at the moment though! Maybe that will change in future.
I especially like the infantry, especially the Mage Hunter Assassins. WOW! Two points for that??? What I would give to obtain such a model in Circle for that point cost! The reeve hunter has not performed to his potential at all to even compare and the Wayfarer is a different type.
I also liked the new House Vyre jacks. They look pretty sweet. The Houseguard units also looked interesting. They reminded me of my favorite army in 40k...Eldar. Futuristic elves that dislike Humans. I can get on that wagon. As for color scheme I think I am going to go with a Saim Hann type color scheme. I have never painted red/black as the main colors and since I have those colors, I will try it out first. Worst comes to worst I will just do the studio Paint Scheme, which I find is nice just not awesome. This is of course a throw back to the Eldar army I used to play. While I was going to color my Ret the same, Iyanden yellow and blue, I only have 1 yellow color and do not wish to have to order new paints from GW and pay an extra $9 for mediocre shipping.
So, this is pretty obvious but I chose to get into Retribution of Scyrah! I am very excited and even pulled the trigger on grabbing some units and models. Enough to even make a 35 point army, with tokens and book AND 2 warcasters (Ravyn and Kaelyssa). All for about $200. Not too shabby. Take that you 40k players!
Soon you will be seeing them on this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment