I received them on Thursday and painted up both heavies up yesterday. Check them out.
Come at me bro!
Here he is, much whiter than before if you look further down. And much cleaner.
Back shot. His pose actually came out kind of weird, different from what I wanted, which was the stock pose. Either way, I am happy he plastic and looks very similar to my other warpwolves now.
New and old. The old pureblood is larger/taller than the new one apparently. I was surprised by this. I never saw my old pureblood as "big." Also, white is a weird color. I will never paint anything white every again. It looks like his skin is simply primed from far away, when that was not the case. In the old pureblood, I primed him white and washed with gryphon sepia and then drybrushed white. I did not like how it came out though. For the new pureblood, I also primed white but this time watered down a mix of Space Wolves grey and skull white used that to paint all the skin parts. Then I highlighted with Skull white. He clearly is an albino warpwolf.
Next up is the Swamp horror. I like his rules, they are different and his animus seems extremely useful. He isn't fast at all, or take down heavies by himself, but he does have 4 initials, 3 of which pull shit in they hit. That's pretty cool. The animus gives reach to any friendly faction model, which I think is going to be gold with Maelok and the style that I play him which is charging stuff up front providing Malediction to his Undead Gatormen posse.
I do have one disappointment with this heavy though. You shall soon see what it is. Check him out:
Pretty easy to paint, most of the body was washed with blue or purple. Top was painted space wolves grey and edge highlighted with skull white. Now if you look below you can see my biggest gripe with this model...
What the hell is this?!?!?! It is really, stupidly small and diminutive. I know octopods can fit themselves into boxes and stuff, but this guy just is not as initimidating due to his size. His art looked epic and he looked huge as he ate some Tharn Bloodtrackers, but the model just does not do it justice. It is not a bad model by any means. Just way too small. It should been blown up or something. Looks more like it could have been a Light warbeast and then got moved to being a heavy. Oh, well at least his rules are interesting.
Finally, up next is Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios. She is going to join forces with eKrueger to hunt down warcasters both in the fluff and on the table top. Terminus/ Venethrax got you down? Here, a Disruptor Bolt will fix all your problems. Lightning away Krueger! Lightning away!
Finally I would like to add some pictures of my full Gatormen Force. I am missing some models sure, but I am quite satisfied with them now that I have the Swamp horror. Maybe with more time and money, I will get the rest of the models, especially when the Gatormen Witch Doctor is finally released. But for now, it is the time of the elves...when the Post Office brings them.
Blindwater Congregation...now with varnish protecting them!
The two warlocks, Barnabus and Maelok!
Snapjaw (left) and Wrong Eye (right
My favorite Gatormen Warlock: Maelok the Dreadbound
New kid on the block! The Thrullg!
Shiny turtle and gator!
I will need to get some matte spray...when I can finally find some good one.
Until next time...Stay Classy San Di- Internet!














No comments:
Post a Comment